Sunday, June 12, 2011

My nephew's birthday

We are celebrating my nephew Mason's birthday later this afternoon, so a card was called for!  Boy cards are HARD because I always want to bling them up... but boys and bling don't necessarily mix.  Mason is turning 15 and starting drivers-ed next week, so cars were the theme requested by my husband.  Here's what I came up with:


And the inside:

I am pretty happy with it, probably because I DID use some bling and glitter!  LOL!  The Happy Birthday sign and the Superstar stamps came from Unity Stamps Retro Road Trip pack, the car is by Crafty Secrets, the Clear Art Stamp line.  I got the pointing finger in the Clear Stamp Thanks set by American Crafts.  The sign got the Perfect Pearls treatment and the car got all kinds of beefing up!  I used copics for the red, and a silver metallic marker by American Crafts for the chrome.  I had clear gem brads with silver bezels that were PERFECT for the headlights, and I used Stickles lightly on the windshield, turnsignals, hood and grill ornaments.  YAY!  Glitter on a boy card and it FITS!  =D 
Also, the car is popped up. I'm tellling you because, <insert can't-see-it-in-the-photo rant here>.

Have a great rest-of-the weekend!

1 comment:

C said...

You pulled off a grand boy card!