Monday, August 22, 2011

Girly girls!

The challenge this week at HappiLeighScrappin is to have a girl on your card.  Leigh has some fab girl digis at her store, so it was FUN!  And remember, at Leigh's it's ALWAYS buy 3 get 1 of your own choice FREE!  What a super deal!

I picked a cute little girl with a basket of flowers... and here she is:

isn't she cute?  She is Girl with Basket and I think she's adorable.  I colored her with Copic markers. To make it even more challenging I did the coloring at the lake during a mini family reunion, on a table with inadequate lighting.  Not something I want to try again any time real soon, but I do like the way she turned out!

Head on over to the HappiScrappinChallenge blog, you're going to have fun with this one!

Don't forget, you don't have to use one of Leigh's designs to play, but if you DO your entry will also go into a separate drawing for only the cards that use her designs.  TWO chances to win!  All winners are chosen by random drawings.

5 comments:

Made by Mandy said...

This is a gorgeous card Vicki and the colours have come out really well despite your circumstances LOL ;)

The paper is yummy and that ribbon, I am drooling....

Lots of love Mandy xxx

Star said...

This is GOR-JUSS!! =D I absolutely love the coloring. It looks fantastic...especially considering where and how you did it! The butterfly is beautiful, and that paper is to die for. Fabulous!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So very, very pretty! I love the papers and ribbon that you have used too! The butterfly is a perfect touch...

Lynn Weber said...

What a super cute card, love'n the little girl : ) Great job on the coloring..your highlights & shadows look perfect, would never know it was bad lighting.... I did some coloring this past weekend at the lake too, we had a little family get together too. I just couldn't not be involved w/my cards while I was away-lol...the obsession of card making -lol!! What pretty background pp! I always like brown & pink together. I'm blog friends w/your wonderful daughter Starla...what a wonderful woman you've raised...she makes me day w/her blog & her commenting on mine!! She always seems to be happy w/life & it shows!! Have a great day!!! Lynn

Susan Paul said...

This is stunning, Vicki. Love the way you colored the sweet girl and the gorgeous design paper you used is perfect for your color scheme.